Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas survey



I've been reading the archives of lots of blogs lately and found this Christmas survey on Miss Pixiegenné's blog. I thought it was interesting and obviously relevant with how close it is to Christmas so here we go:

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Well, Santa doesn’t really visit me anymore since I’m all grown up, but as a kid, he would just set them under the tree. Wrapped presents were always from Mom and Dad.

Colored lights on tree/house or white?

I like white lights on the house and colored lights on the tree.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Probably the pork roast my mom’s been making the last few Christmases.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

Oh god, there’s so many of them! I think decorating the tree and house with my parents and brother is my favorite memory. And going to see Cherry Hill in San Diego (where I grew up) with my dad and brother is up there. It’s a neighborhood where every house on the street goes all out with Christmas decorations.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Yes, one present on Christmas Eve, and usually Mom or Dad got to pick it out.

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Lights and ornaments with a star on top. Pretty basic but I don’t like overwhelming the tree.

Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Love it when it first happens but hate it when I have to drive in it and by February, I’m usually pretty tired of it.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Apple pie a la mode.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is always good. :)

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

yum

Favorite Christmas Tradition growing up:

Watching Christmas movies with my dad.

Least Favorite Christmas Tradition Growing Up:

Going to my step-grandmother’s house on Christmas morning. So glad that’s over!

Breakfast or Presents First?

Presents, then breakfast. I have no idea how my mom did it. Maybe we were just so excited about the presents we never noticed how hungry we were. The last couple of years, though, we’ve been doing breakfast first, partly because we’re all old now and partly to give my Aunt Donna time to drive up to do presents with us.

Keep it going if you want. I'd love to have your answers posted in my comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment