Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring is finally here!

And with it comes Easter. Now I'm not religious but some friends and Mr. C's family wanted to celebrate Easter so we all got together to do dinner. Charlie made mashed potatoes and I made peach cobbler. It was my first time making a cobbler of any kind so you can imagine how happy I was that it turned out good. I ended up using a recipe that I got from my mom out of the book Cobblers, Crumbles, & Crisps and Other Old-Fashioned Fruit Desserts by Linda Zimmerman. The recipe sounded like it might be complicated but it ended up being really easy to make.

I started out making the dough for the cobbler topping.


Next came mixing the peaches with sugar and spices.


Finally I topped off the peaches with the dough. The recipe called for rolling the dough, but I found that no matter how long it stayed in the fridge, the dough was just too sticky to roll out. So instead, I plopped spoon-fulls of dough on top of the peaches until they were basically all covered. I think it turned out pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment