Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Have your cake and eat it too


I'm so in love with this image by Bent Objects.

And more in the tone of yesterday's post, here's a story about a woman who lives life like I, apparently, am afraid to. If only I had the freedom to be like her where as soon as something feels routine, she moves on. I've always wished for that kind of life but it seems like if you want to spend your life with someone, they have to agree completely or this just doesn't work. And what about having kids? I would love to raise my son with such whim, such unpredictability, such adventure, but what about family? What about a sense of stability? And I just don't think he could receive the kind of education I want for him from me. These are the choices you have to make, the compromises you have to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment