Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Anyone else think my cat might be a bit jealous?

Yesterday night I left Ethan sleeping in the swing downstairs while I went up for something. As I turned on the light, I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. I look over at the crib, startled, thinking to myself what the hell? I thought Ethan was downstairs? And then I noticed the movement was at the foot of the crib, not where Ethan sleeps. And I noticed something brown, something furry. Caramel was sleeping on the blankets in Ethan's crib.


I called Charlie up and asked him to bring a camera. He did and I took the above pictures. He was also completely unimpressed because, unbeknownst to me, she had been doing this the whole time Ethan and I were in Missouri with my mom and stepfather. I asked him why he let her and he basically said it was no big deal and asked why I cared. "Because that's Ethan's bed and I don't want her jumping on him and scratching him or worse, smothering him." He left, of course leaving the cat in there, and leaving me to be the bad guy by taking her out and not letting her get back in the crib. And of course this morning I found her back in the crib again. Luckily, Ethan was not in there with her. When I changed his diaper, she woke up and wanted to jump out using the changing table as a step (the same way she jumps in), and I kept telling her no, certain she would land on his head. When I had to put him in there afterward, she looked less than happy about it. She came up by his head wanting attention and I started freaking out about her scratching his head and face (he's doing that to himself enough as it is) and plucked her out of the crib. She hasn't been back in there since.

1 comment:

  1. Poor kitty my butt. She gets to sleep with us or my in-laws every night and she gets to sleep in his bouncy chair almost whenever. She'll just sleep on his legs if he's sitting in the bouncy chair. Now we have an activity mat for him that she likes and she even tries to get into his swing now and then. I thinks she'll survive if we don't let her get in the crib. And like I said, since that one time he went in with her, she has been avoiding the crib.

    ReplyDelete