Friday, February 19, 2016

Same Goal, New Year...a month and a half late

I have decided that I cannot function in extreme weather. I'm not sure why and I know it has nothing to do with the lack of sunlight. It's the extreme cold (extreme in my opinion based on growing up in San Diego) that stops me in my tracks. Likewise, when it's over 100 degrees with 100% humidity, I just can't. Basically I need to move back to the West Coast.

That said, I found this blog post yesterday and felt the need to share. I was so excited to find a blogger who has done what I set out to do and was successful at it! I've been less successful. I hate placing blame (no really, I think I love it because I do it all the time but I'm trying to stop) but when I look back, I burnt out and stopped as soon as I took on additional roles at work. I'm running in extreme mode and simply can't handle more tasks and more work at home so I come home and crash. I've read a lot, which is awesome, but have not been productive at all. I've learned I need to balance better, say no, delegate more and take more personal days for the sake of my sanity.

That said, what I found this list incredibly helpful. Gentle reminders on where my head should be down to tips to keep you going when you want to give up. I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel at work and warm weather coming so I'm gearing up for my productive mode again. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment