Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trip to San Diego and then some

So Charlie and I got back from San Diego a few days ago. Our friends were getting married on Sunday so we combined a trip to finalize wedding plans with going to their wedding in Northern Cali. The wedding was absolutely perfect. The bride and her mother did most of the decorations, which were cute and sophisticated, and you know they have a special place in my heart for being DIY. It was held in her mother's backyard with the ceremony being under the tree the groom proposed to her next to with the reception under the pear grove. They made fabric flower garlands that hung all around the yard and pinwheel centerpieces and embroidered signs for the refreshments. I absolutely loved it all and we both had such a great time so congrats to the happy couple!!

In other good news, the wedding coordinator at our site thinks we are really on top of things and doing a great job with all the planning. I was worried but she made me feel like I'm actually doing a decent job. Charlie just wonders how many couples aren't as on top of things as this a month before their weddings. She also suggested a photographer that is actually within our budget and does amazing photographs. We just need to get in touch with him and see if he has the date available still. After speaking with her, we went a couple blocks down the street and less than an hour later had the cake all sorted out. We just walked in and happened to be able to sit down with the owner/baker/chef who helped us put together what we're hoping will be a great cake and even put together a personalized sample plate for us. And what's even better is his shop never makes cakes from mixes. All their cakes are made completely from scratch and based on the samples, tastes amazing. It really was a great experience. Later that day we spoke with the florist and got all whole headache out of the way. I think I've finally settled on a hairstyle and just today I found and bought a new dress that is gorgeous and will work with the new maternity wedding. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend and is a bit more formal than I had planned on but it's gorgeous and I feel pretty in it with just a month left before the wedding, it's all good enough. It's not about the dress anyway, right? So it seems the wedding really is finally all coming together and won't be a total disaster. :) Wish me luck on getting all the favors done in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment