Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Easy, peasy fun Christmas cards


I bought a pack of these beautiful Christmas cards (which I love!) from The Black Apple and sent them out to some people, but I ended up needing more than I originally thought. My future mother-in-law has a bunch laying around the house that she's already offered to let me use whenever I need, but I really wanted to send out cards with a more personal touch. So today, I found some plain white cardstock (a pack of 5 smaller sheets), some self-adhesive forest green felt and some brown felt. I created my own Christmas tree template, traced it onto the felt (I was able to fit 6 onto each piece for a total of 12) and traced a small card onto the cardstock (each sheet was able to make 3 cards).


Then I cut it all out, folded the cards in half and stuck the trees to the front of the cards.


I still need to add the brown tree stumps to the bottom of the trees (I'll just cut small squares of brown felt and attach with my hot glue gun) before I can sign them all and send them out. Of course, that means none of these cards will actually make it to people by Christmas but oh well. It's the thought that counts, right? Anyway, I think they turned out pretty good and I'm so happy I get to send personalize Christmas cards this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment