Thursday, December 3, 2009

Life continues...

Early in November, I finally got a job--in retail, part-time seasonal. I love the store I work in and I really enjoy working with the other women but I can't seem to get over the fact that I've spent 7 years of my life and close to $100,000 getting 2 degrees that are supposed to keep me from having to work in retail ever again. But if my having this job means we get to move out on our own, I'm more than happy to stick with it as long as needed.

However, because I want a job in archives more than I can express, I continue to apply for jobs as they come. The two most recent prospects are a part-time temporary contract position in DC and a full time, faculty position in Boise. The Boise job sounds perfect but means another cross-country move. The DC job also sounds amazing but means I will need to go through all this all over again in 9 months, right when a new batch of library grads are out looking for jobs. As great as the Boise job sounds, I really want the DC one. I know I can do that job and it would mean staying here which makes everyone happy. I should know about that by the end of the month. If I don't post anything, assume I didn't get it. The Boise job is currently reviewing applications but who knows when I'll hear back. Again, I'll let you all know if I get it.

In other (much happier) news, our good friends got engaged this weekend! Miss J and Mr C, I'm so so happy for you both! I only wish we could have been there to celebrate properly with you both, especially since you were so great to us when we were in your position. I look forward to hearing all the details though. :)

Until next time, happy very early Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment