Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things are looking up...

This past weekend, Charlie and I were finally able to move into our own place! Well, it's a rented room in a friend of a friend's townhouse. Our new roomie is really nice and way cool. He has great taste in decor and in TV shows and movies so I'm happy. :) He has a cat named Oliver. He and Caramel aren't friends yet but we're hoping they come around to each other soon. In the mean time, I think Caramel is just happy to be able to hang out in our room with us again since we wouldn't let her down into the unfinished basement with us (fiberglass from insulation in kitty fur = bad). Anyway, we're still unpacking and decorating but I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can.

This past weekend also brought the first snow of the season (2-3 inches!). We went over to a friend's house and played Munchkin and played in the snow with the 3 year old. Later that night we went to see The Blind Side, which was oh so amazing! It's an absolutely beautiful story, and even more so because it's true. I loved Sandra Bullock's performance. She's such a strong actress and when she gets a chance to do dramatic roles, she's brilliant. I highly recommend it, even for those out there who are less then thrill about football, like me.

In other news, I have discovered Miss Annette's blog, and have fallen completely in love with it. I went to graduate school with Annette and one day when I was missing talking to her, I stumbled upon the link to her blog on Facebook. I started from the beginning and am still working my way through to the present (just my way with things), and I am so inspired by her crafts and eagerness to just jump into projects that all come out looking amazing. Like when I discovered Miss Emily, I find myself longing to just keep reading to learn more about them and to keep getting inspired for my own crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment