Friday, December 11, 2009

The Magical World of Disney

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a freak for Disney--not so much the merchandise, but the movies, the theme parks, the art, the aesthetics...I even love It's a Small World.I can't help but love the idea of capturing the imagination and bringing it to reality? Tonight, I came home to our roomie making yummy smelling pumpkin cookies. Later, I turned on the TV to find something to watch while I worked on a Christmas present for my stepfather, and was so excited to see that a special show, Behind the Magic: Disney Holidays, was about to start on HGTV. David Bromstad, of Color Splash fame, takes us behind the scenes for how Disney World is transformed at Christmas. Being a former Southern California girl, I always thought of Disneyland as a home away from home and I have to admit that their efforts to bring the holiday spirit into everyone's lives have always, always been successful with me. Seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle all lit up every Christmas always takes my breath away and what they do to Cinderella's castle in Disney World is even more spectacular. I can't wait to see it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment