Thursday, February 4, 2010

February already...

The last month has flew by so fast, I can hardly below it! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's no longer January. So far, the best part about February is that it means time is continuing and winter will eventually end. We had a storm last weekend that left about 6 inches of snow, a storm on Tuesday night that had the building I work in open 2 hours late (and left me sitting in a Starbucks for 2 hours since I didn't get the call we were starting work late until I was already in DC), and an even bigger storm predicted for this weekend. It's supposed to start snowing around 9 am (which has me trying to decide if going into work is even worth it when it takes about an hour and half from the house to the building) and basically is not supposed to stop until Sunday. The DC area is supposed to get at least 12 inches of snow with some areas getting as much as 24 inches. I have informed Mr. C that if next winter is this bad, I will be moving back to the West Coast. I can handle some winter, but not a whole lot and this is definitely pushing my limits.

As for the new job, I cannot below how tired I am. It's finally, finally starting to slow down but those first couple of weeks, we had so much to do to get the office running and the staff trained that I'm still trying to recover. My co-manager is still amazing and really keeps me going when the caffeine has worn off. I'm really enjoying everyone working with us and I love that I get to share my love for documents and preservation with people. Today, I found out that one of the women working with me enjoys processing collections so much, she wants to try to get another job like this as soon as this job is over. My little heart nearly burst with pride and excitement when she told me that.

And in an effort to distract myself from the oncoming storm and give myself something to look forward to discovering, here is an image I found from inside what sounds to be a gem of a used bookstore, Capitol Hill Books.


Ah, books...they really do make me so happy! How can anyone resist? How everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe they still have stores like that. i think all the ones around here have closed, though i don't know if the one in casa de oro is still open. love ya, hon, and mr. c!

    ReplyDelete