Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lists and reconnecting...what else could a girl want?

My best from from freshman year of high school found me on Facebook the other day. It was surprising and but exciting. We were so close in high school and tried so hard to stay in touch after she moved away but the inevitable happened: we grew apart. Eventually it got to the point where we both just stopped trying as hard and stopped talking. Nothing bad happened between us, it was just life. I'm so happy to hear that her life has been good and that she's happy. The biggest giggle from the re-connect is that she is getting married on my birthday this year! What's really funny is that for awhile I was considering the possibility of getting married in June and considered her birthday for the date.

Anyway, she turned me onto 43 Things, a different kind of social networking site where people can list goals for their lives and talk about how they completed them. Now, anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a sucker for lists so this site is totally up my alley and of course I had to start one. I started with just 10 goals, trying to keep it small and manageable. I'm terrible about procrastinating and I'm hoping that keeping things small will help me get things done. Anyone interested to should follow the trail and check out what the things I'm hoping to do in the relatively near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment