Thursday, December 30, 2010

Disneyland Bachelor/Bachelorette Party


Since neither Charlie or I are big drinkers and so many of our friends are shared friends, we decided long ago that a day at Disneyland would be the perfect way to celebrate our wedding with our friends. At first it was just going to be us and the wedding party but then we decided to open it up to a few more friends since they wanted to be able to hang out with us and that was most likely the only way they'd get a decent amount of time with us, including at the wedding. A couple of my bridesmaids weren't able to make it (very sad) but we did have about 10 or 12 people show up. One of my bridesmaids, Heather, had also planned on going to Disneyland while they were out there for the wedding wanted to go with her family since it was her 4 year old's first time there (totally understandable). Luckily they decided to go that same day so we were able to see them (Heather and her family) a little bit and feel like they were there with us. At one point, I was starting to slow down and Charlie and I wanted to make sure our friends got to ride some of the faster rides so they all split off from us to ride Space Mountain and Matterhorn. We were thinking of riding something ourselves but ended up meeting up with Heather and hung out with all of them for a bit instead.


That day the park was closing surprisingly early and we didn't know why until we got there. Disneyland has an after hours costume party several days during the month of October so the park was filled with people in Halloween costumes all day and we got to see a sneak peak of it all as we were leaving. (Of course this picture does not show any of the cool costumes and we were too busy having fun to stop and take stalker-ish pictures of strangers.)


When I found out I was pregnant in May/June, I was really bummed at the thought that we might have to cancel and change our party plans. Charlie is a saint though (more on that in another post) and looked up exactly what rides I would not be able to ride (most of my favorites of course) and it was only seven so the party went on as planned. Some of our friends got there early and rode the rides they knew I wouldn't be able to just so I wouldn't have to wait around for them later. Charlie's best man did have one demand: that Charlie ride Indiana Jones with him or he would no longer be his friend. :) I teased at first saying "Well, you're just going to have to lose a friend," since Charlie had already told me he wouldn't ride any of those rides either. (He has good survival instincts.) Anyway, at one point we were over that way so they all decided to ride Indy--literally all of them--leaving me to fend for myself. Pirates of the Caribbean is right there so I rode that again and got to sit in the front row all by myself (awesome!) then I went off to buy my Bride Mickey ears hat. The plan from the get-go was for us to wear the bride and groom hats but the entire park was sold out of the groom hats. I pouted a bit until a friend suggested buying another hat and having "Groom" embroidered on it. Charlie liked that idea and was going to get some pirate ears but the entire park was sold out of that hat too! So I wore my hat (as you can see above) and we made a plan to go back on our 1 year anniversary without the baby so I can ride all the other rides I love so much and we can get his hat and both wear them.

The next day, two of my bridesmaids and one of my flower girls and I went out for a relaxing morning of manicures and pedicures. I had never had a pedicure before and oh my zombies! I'm just waiting for the excuse to go get another one. That little massage they do to your feet and calves....absolute heaven! Especially since I was swelling up pretty good at this point from all the standing I did on Thursday putting the favors together and all the walking around the day before at Disneyland. My mom and Susan were there visiting and keeping us company and took quite a few pictures for us. Since I don't have their permission and don't want to offend anyone, I'm not going to post those pictures. I will show you a picture of my manicure (and you can see the ring Susan gave me). I went with something classic and traditional but added my own bit of flair. I had the same thing done to my toes and yes I do have a picture but you don't need to see my swollen toesies.

No comments:

Post a Comment