Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yay! I'm not just talking to myself!

So I had some requests for wedding photos. We're still waiting for the professional ones and those will be posted as soon as we get them. In the mean time, I can share some pictures about the wedding. Today, I'm going to show you some pictures from the Wedding Advent Calendar my mom and her best friend put together for me. They decided they wanted to help get me excited about the wedding so I wasn't just stressing out about it and I could start to look forward to the good part of getting married: the actual being married part. Yeah, I know, I have the coolest Mom and "Aunt" on the planet. You can be jealous now. :)

Susan is amazing at putting together scrapbooks and such so she volunteered to put the "calendar" part together.



My mom has recently gotten into stamping and has always enjoyed wrapping. She hand stamped all the packages (basically created her own wrapping paper) and the tags. The messages were her hints about the gifts. For example, the paper around the cookbook she sent me had key and heart stamps implying that what was inside (cooking) is the key to a man's heart. Cute, right? I thought so. Once I figured that out, I started trying to guess but failed miserably every time. Well, except once. I did figure out one gift.







I so loved this idea and felt like my mom was actually there to help get me through the final stages of my wedding even though she lives half a continent away. I'm not sure if this will work with sons but I know for sure I want to do this for my potential daughter at least. I never did get around to taking pictures of the gifts after I opened them. Those both Mom and Susan got for me. Some of them are just fun little things that reminded them of me and others had significant meaning behind them. The one that probably meant the most to me was a sapphire ring Susan gave me from a shared departed loved one. The note she sent with it was so sweet, it made me cry and I made sure I was wearing it the day of my wedding. Unfortunately my fingers have swelled and I currently cannot wear that ring or my wedding ring but they're both tucked away safe and sound waiting for Bump to come out and join us.

Up next, pictures from the Bachelor/Bachelorette Party at Disneyland!

Update: Mom, I do still plan on sending you all these pictures so don't worry about saving them to your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment