Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finally an update with pictures!!!


I finally, finally uploaded pictures to my computer, sorted, labeled, etc. so I can post some pictures of fun things from this last month. First of all, the image above is of the first snow of the season. This view is out our front door looking at the tree in our neighbors' yard. I like to think of it as our local Charlie Brown Christmas tree since it's so small and wimpy with such big ornaments. I love it! We got hit with a much bigger storm over Christmas weekend but alas, I was feeling too lazy to take pictures of that storm.

Speaking of Christmas, I know I teased you all with talk of completing Norberta. Well, she was completed and given away on Saturday. I think she was a big hit as far as things go with 6 month olds.


And as you can see, she enjoys being right up front in the thick of things, ready for a new adventure and as much excitement as possible.


I think living with a baby who also has a 4 year old sister will keep Norberta on her toes. :)

Christmas at our house was good. I was up way too late on Christmas Eve trying to get things finished. Norberta took longer than expected. I tried desperately to finish the scarf I am knitting for my mother in law, but as you can probably tell by my use of "am knitting," that didn't happen. So here are some work in process photos for you all to enjoy.

And a detail picture so you can see the diagonal ribbing pattern better.


Apologies for any blurriness and/or crummy lighting. It's after midnight here. The lighting sucks and I'm tired enough that my vision is blurring and I couldn't tell if it was my vision or the picture that was blurry. And why, you might ask, am I doing up so late? Well, it's my husband's birthday today and he's up late reading and I'm waiting for him to be ready for bed. I think I may need to go poke him a bit until he caves and puts the book away.

I think I have sufficiently caught you all up for the most part. I do realize I have yet to post wedding/honeymoon pictures but since I doubt anyone is reading this anyway, I think it's been long enough I might just let those ones go. Please let me know if you do read this and you do want to see some of those pictures. Otherwise, up next is the awesomeness of my husband and my love for nutcrackers. 'Til then, good night and sweet dreams. Hope your holidays were equally good and if I don't get back to you all before the new year, hope you all have a good and safe time celebrating.

2 comments:

  1. Norberta is adorable especially perched on the dash!! She turned out so well - what a great job you did! The scarf is also lovely. The color is so rich and I really like the diagonal pattern. You always do such nice work. The scarves you knit for your Aunt Donna and I are lovely, too. BTW, please DO post those pictures you've been promising! I have been waiting to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norberta is still lovingly being chewed and I'm sure will be cherished. We promise to give her some car time on the dashboard.... probably on some of our many road trips. A happy 6 month old thanks you again - you're a doll, and your projects are fabulous!! PS... now that I know this is here....I'll be reading :)

    ReplyDelete