Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WIPs and other holiday news

It might look as though I'm slacking over here not getting things done, but the lack of posts are really because I'm so busy. Now that's not to say I don't envy the wonderful bloggers I love so much who seem to have not only the time but the ability to make so many wonderful things and blog about them. There's no doubt I have the time but having the money to buy the supplies to make fun things is another questions entirely. And then the holidays come along and you need to keep certain things secret so it all gets complicated really quickly.

This is all to say, I do have some works in progress. The adorable Norberta from the other day is coming along nicely. I'm having some trouble with the spikes. The pattern called for making them incredibly long for some reason. I kept track of my rows as carefully as possible so I don't think it's my mistake. I sewed them on when the pattern called for it and kind of scrunched them up so there was no overhang but then they ended up being crooked, which was something I noticed once I started stuffing the body (and I didn't think to take pictures before ripping them back out). I pulled out the stitches to the point where it's now straight and even and now I'm finishing up sewing and stuffing the body. I will then attempt to re-sew the spikes back on and hope that this way will help me keep them down the middle. Some minor mistakes here and there are fine; they add charm. But something that big and noticeable I wasn't able to live with so out they came. I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done, which needs to be by Saturday.

I have two more WIPs, which are more presents so pictures of those when they're finished. One needs to be done by Saturday but the other has no hope of being on time so I might even show WIP pictures!!

In other news, Charlie and I decided that it's more affordable to buy a house right now (assuming it's in decent condition and for the right price) than it is to rent so we've been scurrying around trying to get things in order to get the loan and trying to look at places at the same time. We've already been told by one Realtor that he can't show us the house until we have our pre-approval letter (which I think is complete bollocks) so now we're even more concerned with getting that whole process taken care of before even looking. I'm bummed because the looking part is the fun part in my opinion. I like trying to imagine my family in our first home. I naturally have nesting instincts so now that I'm getting closer to my due date, I'm a little worried that those instincts are going to take over completely and I'm going to turn into a nesting robot..."must decorate nursery, must make home for family".

Between house hunting and the holidays, our days are pretty booked. I hope you're all doing well and not stressing out too bad. Happy thoughts to Miss Danielle and her family. I'm so happy your little one is doing better and is home again! Hope you're all well enough to enjoy your holidays. I know you'll appreciate having the family all together again. Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment